One of my favorite things about Summer is the 4th of July! Fireworks, hot dogs, watermelon, time with family and friends… Sounds like the perfect day if you ask me! I know that Independence Day is SO much more than that. I truly am so grateful to be an American. There are a lot of crazy, disheartening things going on right now, but at the end of the day, I do recognize the privilege that it is to be part of this country and I’m very, very thankful!
We couldn’t let this day pass without a festive DIY, so we put together a simple, inexpensive tablescape that you can easily duplicate for your July 4th festivities!
What You’ll Need:
- Table runner (we used this one)
- Napkins (we used these)
- Large mason jars (can be found at Walmart, Target, or almost any craft store)
- White floral stems (we used hydrangeas and baby’s breath)
- Mini flags (we found some in the Target dollar section)
- Set your table with the runner, plates + glasses, and napkins
- Remove any leaves from the floral stems, then cut the stems down to where the flowers are sitting just above the mouth of the mason jar
- Stick two mini flags on opposite sides of the jars
We’d love to see your 4th of July tablescape! Be sure to post a photo and tag @chalkfulloflove! Happy Independence Day!