TACOS! Who doesn’t love a good taco? I’ve yet to meet anyone who doesn’t, and I’m not sure I want that kind of negativity in my life anyway 😉
Today we’re sharing a delicious vegetarian taco recipe, just in time for Cinco de Mayo! Don’t get me wrong. I love a good pork + poblano or shredded barbacoa taco! I don’t always eat vegetarian, but this recipe is just too good not to share! It’s light, fresh, and so flavorful! The ingredients are also so pretty + colorful together!
Ingredients (feeds 3-4 people) :
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of corn
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 lime
- 1 large avocado
- Sour Cream
- Tortillas of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 400
- Peel and chop sweet potato
- Put the sweet potato onto a baking sheet, then drizzle olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and taco seasoning of your choice. Be sure to toss it around so all the pieces are coated and seasoned!
- Bake sweet potatoes for 20 min or until soft
- While you’re waiting on the sweet potatoes to cook, chop your red onion (only use 1/2)
- Drain and rinse the can of black beans and corn
- Roast the corn in a pan on high till slightly browned (Don’t skip this step! Makes all the difference!)
- Combine red onion, beans, corn, and juice from 1/4 a lime into a bowl, then mix thoroughly. This will be your bean and corn salsa mixture!
- Make a lime crema sauce by mixing 1/2 cup of sour cream, 1/2 tsp of lime zest, and 2 tsp lime juice.
- Chop avocado and any additional toppings you wish to use
- Assemble your taco! I like to heat up a flour tortilla, add sweet potatoes, then the bean and corn salsa, a little lime crema, then top with avocado. I prefer the stuffing-it-full method. Go big or go home, you know?!
This recipe is great for an outdoor patio dinner in Spring or Summer. Don’t forget the chips and guac, and maybe a marg or two 😉