As most of you probably know, we live in Austin, TX! We’ve been told it’s a pretty cool city, and we’d have to agree 🙂 There is SO much to do here, and there’s something for everybody. Now that it’s warmer out (finally!), we love finding amazing outdoor spots to hang! Give us allllll the sunshine!
We’ve compiled a list of our absolute favorite outdoor spots in Austin! Restaurant patios, breweries + wineries, coffee shops, parks + trails…you name it. You’ll likely find us at one of these spots on the weekends! Austin is a great place to come and spend a few days. It can be overwhelming trying to see and do everything, so it’s always good to have 2-3 must-visit spots on your list, and anything else you can get to is just a bonus 🙂
- Jester King – Ahhh, Jester King. It’s #1 on our list for good reason! It’s the kind of place we like take friends and family to when they come to visit. It’s an outdoor brewery that sits on 58 acres of preserved land in Dripping Springs. A little bit of a haul from Central Austin, but we promise it’s seriously so worth it! Delicious food, tons of local beers + ciders, and overall a great atmosphere! There’s typically live music going on, and in the evenings they have string lights lit up all over the place. It gets pretty crowded on the weekends, but take our word for it and make this a must-visit!
- Bell Springs Winery – Another great spot out in Dripping Springs, but such a beautiful and relaxing atmosphere for all the wine lovers out there! There’s a food truck onsite, and you can’t go wrong with ordering a cheeseboard. If you go between 3-5 pm on the weekends, you’ll also hear live music!
- Mozart’s – If you want to skip the booze, Mozart’s is an awesome place to grab a cup of coffee and a pastry! It’s an Austin staple and sits right on the lake, so the views are beautiful no matter where you’re sitting!
- Ladybird Lake Trail – If you’re looking for a great place to stroll around, this trail is a must! It’s a gorgeous trail around the lake, plus it’s downtown so you’re just steps away from everything on 6th Street or South Congress! You’ll see lots of dogs, bike riding, and people in kayaks and paddle boards on the lake. You’re sure to feel like an “Austin-ite” on this trail! Parking can be tricky in this area, but see if you can snag a spot in the Austin High School parking lot!
- The Grove – We’re frequent visitors at The Grove! We just can’t get enough. Delicious food, amazing wine list, and beautiful views! There are a few different locations, but we definitely recommend the Lakeway or downtown Austin location for the best views, in our opinion 😉 Our personal favorite on the menu is the Wine Lovers Pizza. I get hungry just thinking about it!
- South Congress – The perfect snapshot of Austin. Tons of quirky shops, great restaurants, wall murals (for getting that perfect Instagram photo), and all the Austin vibes. This is definitely a touristy spot and parking is tricky, but absolutely worth it if you’ve never been! Highly recommend Home Slice Pizza or Cafe No Se to eat at! And be sure to stop in all the cool vintage stores!
- Mount Bonnell – Another touristy spot, but you seriously can’t beat the views! You can either climb the 102 steps from Mount Bonnell Road, or hike up the rocks on either side of Hwy 360 to see the stunning views overlooking Lake Austin (either way it’s a quick and easy hike). Once you’ve taken all the photos and Instagram stories (we all do it!), head back down and have a picnic in the grassy area under the bridge! Lots of people bring their dogs, bikes, drones, etc. to enjoy a nice day by the water! Bonus: this is 100% free!
- Lucy’s On The Lake – A great spot for any meal, including Sunday brunch! Not ideal if you’re trying to watch what you eat, but tasty nonetheless. Lucy’s On The Lake has an amazing view of Lake Travis, and also has a jungle gym and sand box area, making it super kid-friendly! Highly recommend the Chicken N’ Waffles, and the Front Porch Tea is dangerously delicious!
- Zilker Park- This is a great catch-all Austin staple. You can run, play, swim, or have a picnic all with amazing views of downtown. This is also where some of Austin’s biggest events are held, so be sure to check the schedule for anything that might be going on while you’re in town. http://zilkerpark.org/zilker-park-events/
- East Austin Succulents + Tillery Street Plant Co. – Calling all plant ladies (or men, of course). This is your spot! Right next to each other on Tillery St, these are amazing places to find unique and trendy plants! Fiddle leafs, cacti, philodendrons, oh my! You won’t be able to resist taking one home with you. It’s such a cool place to walk around and get some cute photos!
This doesn’t even scratch the surface of all there is to do, but these picks should give you a pretty good snapshot of Austin if you’ve got just a couple days to spend! We hope at least one of these spots speaks to your heart, and that you love and enjoy Austin as much as we do!