I had first heard of Sseko Designs a few years ago and was reminded of them when I was watching reruns of Shark Tank. (anybody else secretly obsessed with that show?) I was immediately obsessed. Pretty sure Liz has a heart of gold. I loved getting to know more about the owners and the story behind the brand. I am way more inclined to purchase something when there is a meaning behind the product, aren’t you? I not only love supporting the small business couple who started Sseko but also the women they are helping get an education in Uganda! Here is a little bit more about Sseko:
Sseko Designs is a fashion brand based in Uganda. Through the sale of beautiful handbags, accessories and leather sandals, we create opportunity and community for women globally.
We believe that every woman has a dream. When she has the opportunity to pursue those dreams, we are collectively walking towards a brighter, more just and beautiful world.
Sseko began as a way to generate income for high potential, talented young women in Uganda to continue on to university. And it has worked! Every woman who has graduated from Sseko is currently pursuing her college degree or has graduated from university and is on her way to making our world a more beautiful place. To date, we have enabled 87 women to attend university—and we’re sending our biggest class to date (fifteen) this year!
In addition to our university-bound team, Sseko also employs women from all walks of life. By creating an environment of dignity, honor and dedication, Sseko Designs provides the opportunity for women in East Africa to end the cycle of poverty and create a more equitable society.
Isn’t that so amazing? So when Sseko asked me to be a Sole Sister, I was beyond excited! Where do I sign up?!
I have been teamed up with my girl Edith! And we will be encouraging her, sending her letters and supporting her from the CFL office! How can you help? Well the easiest way is to shop! You can shop here! Each product is hand crafted in Uganda. They sign their sweet names on each of the pieces of packaging so you know who made yours! That was one of my favorite parts of unboxing. You know me, I am a sucker for good packaging.
The products are such high quality and the sandals are so freaking comfortable. I am now choosing to wear my cross over slides rather than my flip flops! They are my new summer go-to.
Here are some of my favs from Sseko:
- Caramel + Gold Rue Ankle Strap Sandal – I have these and love them! So comfortable + Cute!
- Rose Gold Crossover Slides – Like I said above, these have become my new go to.
- The Gold Leather Ribbon Sandal – Don’t personally have these, but they are definitely on my list. These are the original Sseko Design!
- Oversized Bole Clutch in Dusty Rose – have this and am obsessed. You know when something just smells like buttery leather? well this does and feels amazing. It is huge and perfect for a brunch or a night out!
- The Safari Leather Bucket Bag – This thing looks like it could carry everything and then some more of that. And its gorgeous.
- The Sahara Sunset Necklace – Such a beautiful statement piece + those colors. 🙂
Want to send Edith a card? You can email something to us or even mail us something to send to her. Just give us a shout at email@example.com